Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4--registry information

Just in case anyone is interested:

Mama dragged her friend Aunt June around Babies R Us and registered for a bunch of things. It's listed under the last name of OKEEFE and the first name of Margaret(Regan).

Not too much in the way of clothing because she was warned that the styles change too fast. Besides, I'll probably grow pretty fast and used clothes are going to be fine. Mama is very much into practical kinds of clothing--one pieces, ones with rounded bottoms for me to kick my legs, ones that have arms and legs (jumpsuits?) and probably some "onesies" that don't have leggings on them for summer.

Aunt June has agreed to provide a crib for me, and Antema has a bassinet, so sleeping places are set so far. I also have a portable crib/play space from Aunt June which Mama thinks looks pretty cool!

There isn't a set theme for my room, although it has green and purple in it already. Mama and Daddy like classic Pooh, and anything with frogs on it. Daddy has a thing for frogs...and it will match the bathroom by my bedroom. But with plans for a lot of secondhand goods, it wouldn't be fair for me (or my parents) to be picky about coordinating a theme.

Mama really liked the style of bouncer that she found at the store--she thinks it offered the best amount of bouncing for when I kick my little legs, and it also has a vibrating feature that might help me sleep. Mama doesn't think that I need a new one, but it might be helpful to see what she was thinking about when she picked it.

She also tried on a bunch of baby carriers, and the one that was easy to get into and out of and had a back support (important for Mama's bad back!) is the one she picked. There was another one that she said was comfortable, but it took both she and Aunt June to get her in and out of it, and that's without adding me!

Aunt June swears by the seat that you can put at the table, rather than a separate high chair, so that is on the list as well.

Gosh, it seems that babies need a lot of things, even omitting a lot of "must haves" from the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment