Sunday, June 21, 2009

Three and a half weeks

Mama has not had reliable internet, and won't for a while, so my blog posts will probably be even more sporadic than before. But I'm still here, and doing pretty well.

I like to spend most of my time sleeping, and I prefer that my demands for a clean diaper and for more food are met promptly. I have discovered that my lungs work, although Mama is not happy with me when I work myself into a state to where my nose runs. It then causes me to get clogged up and it sounds dreadful. I really tolerate most things well, but having my nose suctioned may be the exception.

I have started to make more "happy baby" noises that sound pretty random to my parents. I don't quite track with my eyes yet, although I've started to target when I hear someone talk. Not always--Grandma Betty wonders if I'm going to be a little stubborn like she says my Mama was at that age.

I still like to do my "long sleeping" during the afternoon rather than at night. Even a big meal and nice warm clothes on for bed have not kept me asleep for more than two hours at night. Daddy and Mama have gotten advice on how to change my schedule, but it hasn't worked yet.

My hair is changing as well. It's still dark brown (although Mama thinks it might be getting lighter with every bath) but not quite as soft these days. My eyes are still dark blue, and she's not sure what color they will be in the end. I still very much look like ME, rather than either of my parents.

One thing that does surprise people who meet me is that I like to arch my back and raise my head and seem pretty strong for my age. I also like being on my belly more than my back. I have moved from my back to my side, although rolling all the way over is still in the future. I still grasp fingers, which is handy when Mama needs to keep a hand out of the way.

Mama still likes to "pet" my hair, and I find it soothing. She kisses me a lot, too. Daddy sings to me, which makes Mama cry (Disclaimer--Mama cries at a lot of things these days!) and she tries to sing sometimes but doesn't always remember the words. Daddy keeps telling her that it doesn't matter that she can't carry a tune, and that I won't mind. But she forgets the words and starts crying, so she usually just kisses me and tells me that she loves me. I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment