Friday, June 26, 2009

June 27 - One month old

My how time has gone--I have been growing because of all the lovely food that I have to eat. Mama is finally making some serious milk, and I've been getting some extra formula with it as well. My head is growing and my face is getting chubby--more like a baby and less like a monkey. I'm starting to outgrow some of my smaller outfits and I don't fit newborn diapers well any more.

I still make faces when I sleep (and sometimes when I am nursing) and I've started making what Daddy calls "happy baby noises" as well. I have definitely found my lungs, and when I'm working on an uncomfortable bubble I use them to become very loud. I've cried myself sick a couple of times which upset Mama.

I've started keeping my eyes open more often, and have focused on faces, and I followed Daddy's hand earlier yesterday. My eyes are still dark blue, but getting lighter and my hair is still dark brown but also getting lighter. My hair has not fallen out, but looks shorter because my head has grown a lot.

Last night Mama finally got my hand and footprints done in the baby book. I did not want to hold still for my hand prints, so they are a bit sloppy! But she assures me that I'll be able to look back at them and my hands will end up being *much* bigger!

Mama needs to get some pictures of me today so you can see how much I've changed. I get to spend today with Antema while my parents are at the Renaissance Festival (a treat from Grandpa Don.) But now it's time for me to get some *yawn* sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment