Thursday, May 28, 2009

May 28 - Recovery day

Mama and I got flowers from Aunt Sherry, Uncle Greg and Cousin Aidan!



They are in a cute little Peter Rabbit mini "cookie" jar which is probably meant for cotton balls.


It's been a slow day for Mama's recovery. She was not able to get out of bed at all yesterday or until noon today. But they finally took most of the monitoring and support items at that point and want her to walk away her swollen feet.

She was able to eat solid food today, which was very exciting to her! She can pass some of these calories to me, since I have done some good breast feeding. I have a pretty suck reflex on me.

The slow part is trying to get back to breathing well after the tracheal tube, especially when every time she breathes deeply she coughs and that really causes pain at the surgical site. She also has the last bits of a cold that are causing her to cough as well. She had to get special permission this morning when they were only allowing her ice chips (and then water) to suck on a cough drop.

But she got her permission and now is back on solid food and is much happier! She has gotten up to walk around a few times and is finally able to sit on the chair and type this blog for me.

Speaking of eating, it's time for me to do that!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that it was such a rough delivery, but am delighted that everyone is doing better now. Take care of your mama and let her rest. Congrats to the entire O'Keefe family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like you had a tough time, Regan and I'm sorry to hear it! Wishing you a speedy recovery and lots of happiness with Little Russel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy Vey Do you look TIRED!! But happy. Glad everything came out okay. hahahaha. Seriously, he is precious guys and I'm proud to be a part of his family too! I wish I was there! Congrats to you new parents and big brother Connor!

    ReplyDelete