Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Results are in--all systems go

Mama is very happy that she passed her glucose test--gestational diabetes was not something she really wanted to worry about!

She also came back as negative for Rh antigen exposure (that's the protein on your red blood cells that gives you the + or - after your blood type.) Since she is Rh negative, and Daddy is Rh positive, I could be Rh positive. If something happened and our blood was to mix, and I was positive, Mama could make antibodies against the Rh proteins in my blood. This would not be good for me because the antibodies could attack my blood and cause my red blood cells to burst.

So Mama got an injection in the rump this morning to prevent her from making antibodies--just in case. She'd forgotten that she gets sick after rump injections, so it was a good thing that Daddy drove for a while.

I've been working out pretty hard over the last couple of days, so I'm quieter today. Maybe I don't like rump shots either.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're mama isn't making antibodies against you. Scary huh? Thankfully the doctors know how to prevent that from happening. Be nice to your mama- she is taking good care of you!

    ReplyDelete