Monday, March 16, 2009

March 13 - Hurry up and wait

Today was the "big" appointment for mama. She had to drink some orange flavored stuff that was very sweet, and wait an hour before giving blood. She wasn't very sick from it, so is hopeful that she might be ok.

But there was the long wait before she saw the doctor and could hear my heartbeat, and then the long wait for the blood draw (and she keeps freaking out the nurse because the best place to draw blood isn't in the "normal" spot) and now she gets to wait for results.

Once the results are back, she will probably have to go in for a RhoGAM shot--which she is not happy about--but it's best for me just in case I got Daddy's Rh factor on my blood.

After a suggestion from the doctor (or so it seems!) her ankles are swelling regularly. Oh, the joys of the third trimester. At least I am getting big enough that she can really feel me when I move around--like now. My favorite spot to dance on is the front of her pelvis--boing, boing. I like to twist and turn a lot too.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully "Russell's" post today can clear up some of the confusion about Rh and why it's a problem. The problem can only happen when the mother is Rh negative and the fetus is Rh positive.

    Yes, I'm Rh negative, and Bill is Rh positive, so there is a good chance that Russell will be O+.

    Regan

    ReplyDelete