Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 22 - Thanksgiving at Oma's house

On Sunday, November 22, Mama, Uncle Kevin and I went to Oma and Grandpa Ron's house for an early Thanksgiving. Mama decided that the food was good, even the turkey which she traditionally doesn't like.

She told stories about how she pitched a fit the first year that her Grandma Dot tried to put her at a "kids table" at Thanksgiving. Because she was the only grandchild for so long, she had always been seated at the table with the adults. She remembers NOT wanting to go sit with the young kids. She also remembers winning that battle--the legend of her stubbornness begins.

Anyway, I got my first try of mashed potatoes and found out that I liked them. Uma was careful to make sure there weren't chunks in the spoonfuls that I ate.


Now you can see the mashed potatoes on my mouth. I'm still working on this solid food eating thing.


Mama wanted pictures of Oma and I, but it took a few tries. First no one was ready.


Then I took a dramatic pose instead of looking at the camera


Oma closed her eyes.


Success! Oma and I are both smiling at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment