Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Conversations in a bathroom

"I don't want to go potty."
"Pull your pants down."
"No!"
"Are you going to pull down your pants or is Mama going to do it?"
"NO!" I throw myself to the ground.
"Either you will pull down your pants or Mama will do it."
"Why?"
"Because you need to go potty."
"My do it!"
"Then do it." pause "One."
"NOOOOOO!"
"Two."
I start pulling at the top of my pants while lying on the floor.
"Want to stand up?"
"Yes."
Mama extends her hand to me.
I stand.
I pull my pants down and get on the toilet and go.

2 comments:

  1. This too shall pass. Someday it will even be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. It wasn't funny this morning, and I think I may need to be a little more firm about making things stick on my end. My darling sweetie is in danger of becoming a completely spoiled brat.

    If this is a precursor to teenagerhood, I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete